The Dakpema Palace in Tamale says it has no intention of carrying out any reprisal attacks on perpetrators of the Monday dawn attack on the palace.
Some persons opened fire on the palace on Monday dawn, injuring five people including the Dakpema Chief, Naa Bawa Fuseini.
Addressing the press, a close relation of the chief, Basharu Dabali, called on the police to be neutral in dealing with the issue to ensure that peace is restored.
“He [The chief] told us this morning, even on his sickbed that he cherishes peace, above all. He asked that no member of the family attacks anyone in retaliation. He wants us to leave the issue to the police.”
“The official position of the palace is that we wait for the outcome of police investigations. We want the perpetrators to be brought to book lawfully.”
Meanwhile, three of the five victims of Monday’s shooting at the palace have been treated and discharged from the hospital. Two victims are still in the hospital pending surgeries.
15 armed men onboard a Toyota Hilux pick-up vehicle were said to have attacked the Dakpema Palace leaving five people injured.
The Police say they have commenced investigations into the shooting, though the identities of the armed men are yet to be known.
“The number of people who were hit by gunshots is about five. So far, three of them have been treated and discharged. Two of them are still in the hospital but are in stable condition”, the Minister added.
Bloodstains and bullet penetrations were visible marks of the attack on the palace. Discharged cartridges and a burnt motorbike were also found at the scene.
There have been issues of supremacy between the Dakpema Palace and Gulkpe Naa Palace over who is the chief of Tamale for some time now.
KASTLE90.3FM – tune in or log on to broadcasts online
Follow us on Twitter: @kastle903fm
#kastlef90.3fm, Cape Coast
#…Blending tradition with style